Small Business, Big Dreams
From opening your first store, you’ve had big dreams. You dreamt of your store in every city, becoming a household name, and doing it all without fail. Now that you’ve been at it awhile, you’ve learned that there’s been a of hard work, late nights, paperwork, failures (and a few successes) involved in making your way towards turning that dream into a reality. As you evolve your small business into your big dreams, there are a few things you can do along the way.
- Create S.M.A.R.T goals. It’s one thing to have goals; it’s a whole other thing to make sure they’re attainable. That’s why it’s important to use the S.M.A.R.T approach so you’re always working towards the achievable. Make your goals specific, measurable, achievable, results-focused, and time-bound. Every one of your goals should be thought of in this frame of mind in order to hold yourself accountable for your goals and the deadlines you have set for them.
- Plan out your investments before the growth happens. It’s easy to understand that you need a new POS system or inventory system after you acquire a new store and realize your current system can’t handle it, but it’s another to budget for all of the new technology on top of new personnel, the new store, and any unexpected costs. Think of the future state you want your business in and the technology that will help take you there. Plus, you’ll save yourself more money in the long run as you won’t be replacing your technology every time your business grows.
- Create consistent messages that fit your brand image. We all know that once you put something out on the internet, it stays. Make sure you understand the future state of your brand and always be that brand. When you make it big, you don’t people looking back on your brand and wondering if you’re being true to yourself.
- Start your loyalty programs early, and reward those who are already a big fan of your brand, even before you get there. LS Retail wrote an awesome blog post, Run a Successful Loyalty Program in Five Easy Steps, on how to run a loyalty program, which can help you start yours.
- Believe in yourself and keep working hard! Your dreams don’t work unless you do!
Making your dream business may not happen overnight, but following these steps you can make your dreams happen over time. If you need help determining a plan for your retail future, including an inventory and POS system that can grow with your business, contact ArcherPoint today..